Suunto - Tissue Pressures Invalid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miesemer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm using a Suunto Cobra and downloading the dives to the Suunto Dive Manager v1.4. When I print out my dives the check box for "Tissue Pressure Invalid" is always checked. I tried searching the web for any reference to it but I only found other divers PDF'd logs showing the same thing. Does anyone know what "Tissue Pressure Invalid" means?

Thanks,

Jeff Miesemer

Select one of the dives and click the Graph button. At the bottom of the Graph window there is a Calculate button. If it has a red circle on it, the tissue pressures for that dive (and in fact, for that whole series of dives) need to be recalculated. Click the Calculate button to do this -- the circle will turn green. Try printing the dives from that series again, should be okay.

You'll need to do this once for each dive series.

Zept

To Zept,

Thanks for your advice. I have similar problem as miesemer.

However, do you know why there is a red circle or green circle? What makes the tissue pressure invalid?

Thanks again.

I've noticed that if I edit a dive -- for example, if I open the Update Dive window and add the location -- the tissue pressures become invalid. As far as I can see, if you change anything about any dive in the series, Dive Manager wants to recalculate the tissue pressures for the whole lot. I guess it is smart enough to notice that the record has been updated but not smart enough to work out whether the changes are important.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time experimenting with this, though -- I just click the Calc button whenever the red circle appears.

Zept

I've notice the same "invalid tissue" issue with my logs. I just tried the "re-calc" button. but, it doesn't save the re-calc.

Stupid question, but... did you save the dive log after you recalculated? The dive series I recalculated earlier, when I was writing my previous post, is coming up okay now, even though I've closed and restarted Dive Manager.

Zept

Yes. I recalc'd. saved and exited, and lost the recalc data. It seems odd that the "dive manager" doesn't automaticly recalc each record ... if altered ... when that record is exited ( it does prompt for a 'save'). :confused:

Yes. I recalc'd. saved and exited, and lost the recalc data. It seems odd that the "dive manager" doesn't automaticly recalc each record ... if altered ... when that record is exited ( it does prompt for a 'save').

The trick is to exit the record first, then use the graph button on the index screen, recalcing from there. The calculations will stay at that point. If you revisit the record and choose to save again, you will have to do this again.

I agree that it would be a lot easier if it did an auto-recalc, but there may be some reason that they've chosen to invalidate the calculations if you edit the record...

Back
Top Bottom