Suunto vs Uwatec Nitrox computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Bonaire. I dove 3 dives per day -one at about 80 feet max. depth. My Cobra told me that my "no fly time" was 48 hours. I thought this a bit extreme. Instead, I didn't dive the day before my departure and well, I am still alive with all my nervous system intact.
I dont' know if other people have experienced this?? My computer was in gauge mode so that might have been the problem.

If it's in gauge mode it is not tracking N2 loading. Then it can only select some predetermined time for the countdown and it seems they've chosen 48 hours to be very conservative. I suspect that regardless of whether you did one 5 minute dive or a week of aggressive diving the countdown would be the same.

When N2 is tracked the Suunto computers use desaturation time for the countdown.

Ralph

I currently use either the Suunto D9 and Uwetec Sol. I use them air integrated. After about 100 dives with the D9 and 40 dives with the SOL i think both are "overkill". quality is good. SOL is easier to read underwater. The D9 can be worn as a watch on land but the SOL is like mounting a TV monitor to your wrist. Unless you are doing deco diving you can go with a SPG mount with a D6 for monitoring your dive profile.

I went for the Vyper, I like the big display and the fact that it's not pretending to be a watch, does Nitrox and is simple enough for even me to change the O2 level without refering to the manual!

Back
Top Bottom