Suunto Vyper Air display problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Vyper Air started to have a strange behavior: while in some of the modes, the upper large digits (which display depth) have some of the LCD segments faded out (the upper segments). Surprisingly, they are not always faded out - sometime they look normal, sometime they are faded out, depending on which screen I am. More, sometimes there are more segments faded out, sometimes less segments are faded out. It gets worse when I enable the second EAN mix in the Nitrox settings, no matter what diving mode I use in fact (even if after that I use gauge).

I haven't noticed the behavior in water - only at surface. I'm not sure if the different properties of water makes the LCD segments visible even when faded out, or it is a pressure-related issue that is 'solved' underwater.

I have changed the battery to be sure it isn't a battery-related issue (even if he was saying battery OK). I wasn't very sure about the new battery (I had it for some time), but it also says battery OK with it, and the strange behaviour remains the same.

Anybody else had the same problem? And if yes, how was it solved?

The display and circuit board may not be making good contact or it's the lighting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom