Suunto Vyper suddenly lost date&time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matthias Hoeller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

after the second dive of the day of a boat trip, my Suunto Vyper suddenly had its date & time reset to default values. Also the Logbook function showed only 1 dive on the day.

During the dives and up until directly after the second dive everything worked fine and I was able to complete my logbook entry. Some time after that, the described issue must have occured. What can be the cause and how can I avoid this in the future?

TIA and Best regards,
Matt

Hi Matthias,
it's unlikely that you caused that. When was the last battery change? Has the unit been behaving normally since then?

br. Hendrik

Hi Matthias,
it's unlikely that you caused that. When was the last battery change? Has the unit been behaving normally since then?

br. Hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

first of all, thanks for your reply.
I agree that it is unlikely that the behavior was caused by customer interaction. It happened totally out of the blue.
The last battery change is unknown but may be quite long ago. The battery gauge of the unit shows full batteries, however (4 bars).
Since then, the unit wasn't used for diving any longer since I am unsure if the effect may occur again under water, compromising my safety.

Is there any way I can make sure this won't happen again?

Thanks&Best,
Matthias

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom