Suunto Zoop Novo vs. Cressi Leonardo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need a new computer and am cross-shopping these two models. They both have everything I need and are from reputable manufacturers. The other thing I like about both are the oversize displays and large numerals/digits. They are also about the same price. Anyone with any thoughts one versus the other let me know.

Thanks.
It's a personal choice. Suunto is conservative, particularly on repetitive dives. Cressi, is more conservative. Suunto is probably a bit more conservative than Aqua Lung PZ+, which is considered moderate. Oceanic DSAT and a Buhlmann GF high of 95 would be considered liberal/aggressive

I believe there is NO official dealer for Oceanic in Thailand.
The selection is really limited in the Kingdom.
Since the OP is familiar with Sunnto so he might as well go for it.
If he has spare cash then i100 could be a suitable back up. Two different algorithms(compare and contrast).

If he has spare cash then i100 could be a suitable back up. Two different algorithms(compare and contrast).

I'm sorry but that's just daft...I'd spend the money on other dive toys or a couple days of diving. I don't think there is any need for a recreational diver to have more than one computer. For the 9 dives in my Phuket trip report, I didn't even use a comp but just dove the guides profile.

I'm sorry but that's just daft...I'd spend the money on other dive toys or a couple days of diving. I don't think there is any need for a recreational diver to have more than one computer. For the 9 dives in my Phuket trip report, I didn't even use a comp but just dove the guides profile.
1. It is entirely up to you.
2. It is quite common to dive with 2 computers.
3. There are many reasons causing computer failure. It is electronic afterall.
4. It is not that expensive for the most basic model.
5. It won't be very funny if the failure happen on a expensive LoB and the operator has no more spare one to lend out.
6. Diving on top of the guide is only practical in a very very small group and it is not recommended for your won safety.

1. It is entirely up to you.
2. It is quite common to dive with 2 computers.
3. There are many reasons causing computer failure. It is electronic afterall.
4. It is not that expensive for the most basic model.
5. It won't be very funny if the failure happen on a expensive LoB and the operator has no more spare one to lend out.
6. Diving on top of the guide is only practical in a very very small group and it is not recommended for your won safety.
I certainly respect your opinion...and maybe in HKG that's how people dive (I think you are from Hong Kong) but I've never seen any rec divers in Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, or Malaysia dive that way, except some dive guides/DM/instructors. I didn't say computers don't break...my Gecko died that's why I need a new, but if it happens on a dive it's simple enough to safely accend and do a safety stop and exit the water. In the unlikely chance it happens on a liveaboard, and there are no ship's spares, well **** happens. Dive the guides profile for the rest of the dives (or slightly above if you feel safer). Lots of things are recommended for newbs...for experienced divers they can make their own risk decisions and dive or not.

Many divers still dive with one computer. But as a tec diver I believe in redundancy and I also had computer failure under water once or may be twice. Nothing too troublesome to got out of the situation. And since I always kept a spare one back in my room so I thought why not bring it along as back up.
I have also offered my spare to diver who has issue with his/her computer on a long day trip couple of times!

I only suggested a second one if you have spare cash!

Many divers still dive with one computer. But as a tec diver I believe in redundancy and I also had computer failure under water once or may be twice. Nothing too troublesome to got out of the situation. And since I always kept a spare one back in my room so I thought why not bring it along as back up.
I have also offered my spare to diver who has issue with his/her computer on a long day trip couple of times!

I only suggested a second one if you have spare cash!
I don't want to belabor the point, but I have said all throughout that I am a recreational diver and I'll stick by my opinion that backup computers are a waste of money for us. Technical diving is a completely different thing where redudancy is the rule. Again, any spare cash goes for other dive trinkets or more diving

I was only explaining why I used two computers because you thought it was the way we dive in HK. It is NOT.
You have made your point very clearly in your previous post.

I was only explaining why I used two computers because you thought it was the way we dive in HK. It is NOT.
You have made your point very clearly in your previous post.
Why are you suggesting technical diving protocols to a recreational diver...not everyone espires to being (or pretending to be) a "technical diver."

I don't want to belabor the point, but I have said all throughout that I am a recreational diver and I'll stick by my opinion that backup computers are a waste of money for ME. Technical diving is a completely different thing where redudancy is the rule. Again, any spare cash goes for other dive trinkets or more diving

See the bold text above; fixed that for you.

Cheers,
-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom