Suunto Zoop Novo vs. Cressi Leonardo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See the bold text above; fixed that for you.

Cheers,
-Z
I'll thank you not to be so presumptuous as to correct other member's posts. And I'll stick to my opinion they're a waste of money and that I've never seen a recreational diver having computer "doubles" on a dive anywhere in SE Asia. It seems like the manufacturers and dive shops have done a number on some.

I'll thank you not to be so presumptuous as to correct other member's posts. And I'll stick to my opinion they're a waste of money and that I've never seen a recreational diver having computer "doubles" on a dive anywhere in SE Asia. It seems like the manufacturers and dive shops have done a number on some.

Your opinion speaks for you. I respect that. But you should not be so presumptuous to post in such a way that you come across as speaking for anyone but yourself. I am a recreational diver, and do not agree with certain aspects of what you have posted in this thread...so either more clearly define who "us" is, or write in a way that conveys you are referring to yourself.

Happy bubbles.
-Z

In my family we have three Cressi Leonardo, all console mounted. We are very happy of them, and truly inexpensive.
Bought the last one on past October, on Amazon Prime Day, with SPG and compass integrated, for 110.39 eur:

Cressi-Leonardo-Console.png

Why are you suggesting technical diving protocols to a recreational diver...not everyone espires to being (or pretending to be) a "technical diver."
You raised the question and I gave MY OWN reason.

Where did I say recreational divers should follow Tec diving protocols? I used two computers because I have computer failure under water and because I always carry two........

Not good enough for you?

Where did I say recreational divers should follow Tec diving protocols? I used two computers because I have computer failure under water and because I always carry two........

Not good enough for you?

You realize you are arguing with someone who has conveyed the following countermining ideas:
1. They are an experienced diver.
2. They think it is ok to do multiple dives following someone else's profile.

That should tell you something about the mindset of the person you are engaging with and you might find it more productive to just move on from this discussion.

-Z

Your opinion speaks for you. I respect that. But you should not be so presumptuous to post in such a way that you come across as speaking for anyone but yourself. I am a recreational diver, and do not agree with certain aspects of what you have posted in this thread...so either more clearly define who "us" is, or write in a way that conveys you are referring to yourself.

Happy bubbles.
-Z
Of course, anything I post is an opinion of one...mine. I do not, nor do I claim to, speak for anyone else. People are certainly free to dive with 2, or ever more, computers if they wish; because it is always possible two could fail simultaneously during a dive. However, I know of no certification agency that recommends recreational divers should dive with more than one computer.

Not good enough for you?
You suggested, if there's the budget, buying and diving with a second computer. That's suggesting a technical protocol...no certification agency recommends this for recreational divers.

You realize you are arguing with someone who has conveyed the following countermining ideas:
1. They are an experienced diver.
2. They think it is ok to do multiple dives following someone else's profile.

That should tell you something about the mindset of the person you are engaging with and you might find it more productive to just move on from this discussion.

-Z
OMG...I dived someone else's profile on 9 dives over two weekends and lived to write about it. I guess all my certs should be revoked...does your mother still hold your hand when you cross the street?

In my family we have three Cressi Leonardo, all console mounted. We are very happy of them, and truly inexpensive.
Bought the last one on past October, on Amazon Prime Day, with SPG and compass integrated, for 110.39 eur:

View attachment 648555
That was quite a bargain. I guess ordering from Amazon Italy you get great prices on Cressi gear.

Back
Top Bottom