SW Fish ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the body shape, colour, and large eyes... appears to be a sort of priacanthid, commonly referred to as... uh, Bigeyes.

***New edit****
sometimes you see priacanthids referred to as "glasseye snappers". I forget about that one, till I glanced up at the professional fishprint I have of one at home.

Thanks for the help with that! It sure does look like some of the pics I've found on the web of other "glasseye snappers". Thanks for that Archman!

My best guess is Heteropriacanthus cruentatus aka Glaseye or Blotched bigeye. This species can show these kinds of splotchy, bar like markings. In future try to zoom in to the creature with a photo editor before uploading here becasue it's easier to identify that way.
Luck.

Thanks for the tip on uploading photos, Wahu! Will keep that in mind next time! And thanks for helping to identify this critter!

Welcome to the Board!! =)

Becki

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom