"T Bag" Splash Bag For Red

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron one thing I will tell you is the out of the box image from RED really is not impressive. We have done quite a few days of testing with the Red and EX1 side by side, and if you look at the footageon the spot, the EX1 definitely looks better.

However Red is all about workflow and Post. The Post actually creates a lot the image since it is RAW. That is one major issue with Red...the shooter can be great, but thats half the battle at best. The importance of a Quality Red editor is a Must!

I've heard that before about RED and the importance of editing.

On a similar subject, have you been following the thread on Wetpixel about Howard Hall's Red footage ? Interesting read, especially Howard Halls response via Eric.

One quick clarification....its not the editing thats important but the color correction. I've known many editors that couldn't color correct to save their lives. RAW images to the naked human always tend to look flat and washed out. The truth is that there is simply too much color information for the human eye to process properly. That is why for monitoring the camera includes Rec709 and Redspace which are just applied color palettes to the image. (to simplify LUTs et al).

Ron since we're both in NY I'm happy to give you a demo. My company Barnstormer also now has Red MX cameras which have greater latitude and higher resolution than the standard Red One.

~Marque

@Ron, yes Ive been following that thread, I was one of the first to comment. I think its funny the expectations that get placed on a person. Howard's response was dead on and Im very glad he responded.

@ Marque, yes color correction is key. I consider that part of the editing process so it was inclusive.

We just finished a production at the Georgia Aquarium with an MX Red and it was a beauty! We are upgrading our Red as soon as its eligible.

Well if you need an MX before then let me know. We have two and another out for upgrading now. Should have an Epic soon as well. We're one of the earliest for stage 2 upgrade.

~Marque

Thanks Marque, Ill keep you in mind. I already ordered my Stage 2 Epic the other day, cant wait!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom