T2T member introduction discussion thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
To keep the member introduction thread clean and streamlined, I've split the discussion of stats and members off to this thread.

Last edited:
There's a DIR tech instructor in Montreal??

What is considered a deco dive? Looks like some pretty big numbers being put out in some short periods of time...

I consider a deco dive one in which I have a mandatory stop per tables. In other words, there is a significant risk in DCS if I don't stop at 10-20'.

Yes, his name is Stephane Jolicoeur, he is based in Montreal but he operates a full service shop and fill station in the Thousand Islands Ontario, near Ivy Lea.
He teaches there and he even offers lodging for out of towner's.
PM me if you want more info.

What is considered a deco dive? Looks like some pretty big numbers being put out in some short periods of time...

The same could be said for several other posters here... Why go after this one?

Can someone keep this thread cleaned up to the member stats only? Letting the dribble come in here too will reduce the usefulness of this idea, IMHO.

Where are your stats?

I guess my take on DIR is a bit different. Anyone who has an IANTD logo on their site with "Deep Air" in it is pretty much the polar opposite of DIR to me.

STPHANE JOLICOEUR

In 1996 he was trained in Cave diving and trimix by Jarrod Jablonsky. At that time there was not much of DIR known in Canada. To be able to progress he had to associate himself with a technical agency, IANTD. It does not mean he follows their deep air practices (I don't know if they do themselves anymore??)

His tutoring is a mirror image of what GUE and UTD are practicing. My training was identical to GUE's Fundies and Cave 1.

Sorry for the digression, I had to clarify that point.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom