T2T member introduction discussion thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone keep this thread cleaned up to the member stats only? Letting the dribble come in here too will reduce the usefulness of this idea, IMHO.

On my way out the door, but I'll split the discussion part to a separate thread when I get back.

There's a DIR tech instructor in Montreal??

What is considered a deco dive? Looks like some pretty big numbers being put out in some short periods of time...
Anything where ascending would break the tables. I typically do 2 deco dives a weekend (if I go), and I lived in cave country where we would go 1-2x a weeknight to Ginnie Springs for a cave dive with mandatory deco almost every time.

Where are your stats?

I don't need to beat my chest here, but my training is in my profile..

Anything where ascending would break the tables. I typically do 2 deco dives a weekend (if I go), and I lived in cave country where we would go 1-2x a weeknight to Ginnie Springs for a cave dive with mandatory deco almost every time.

I guess that makes sense. A lot dives we do in the St Lawrence incur deco, but due to the profile, we are long clear by the time we get back to the entrance so I never really count them as deco dives.

I recently started participating in this T2T forum because I thought you had to be a tech diver to post on it. In turn, I assumed that there would be a higher maturity level to work with.

Here we have a thread simply to introduce ourselves and posters are being challenged on their stats. I would bet anyone who was thinking about introducing themselves are sitting back wondering whether or not someone is going to bash their post, as well.

My experience is that we all learn who people are over time. My suggestion is accept what divers on this forum say in their introductions, and question what they say in threads dealing with more important information.

I don't need to beat my chest here, but my training is in my profile..

Then why post in the thread?

The point of this thread was to allow for a quick overview of one's "profile" for T2T. If you don't feel you need to participate, then don't post. Is it really that difficult to be mature and post on forums properly? I ask because the point to having a "member" section where one is "validated" in some manner is to get away from the crap trolls and mindless dribble that is the "norm" in the SB community and allow for discussion of topics with fellow mature divers.

Then why post in the thread?

I was merely pointing out what appeared to be inflated profiles, and based on experiences with other graduates from the instructor in question, a humorous claim of being DIR.

Anyone can put anything in their profiles. I think there was more credibility and less chest beating around here before the doors were open.

I shall go back to sitting on the sidelines, as I fear my concerns for what this forum would turn into may have already been realized. I hope thats not the case.

Anyone can put anything in their profiles. I think there was more credibility and less chest beating around here before the doors were open.

I was thinking it was the other way around. Posting profiles gave the less experienced tec divers an up-front excuse for asking questions which others might find obvious, or for making mistakes experienced divers might not make.

Anyone can mislead people about their actual skills and experience. But it is even more pointless on an online forum than it is on a dive boat.

I say again

:baaa:

What is considered a deco dive? Looks like some pretty big numbers being put out in some short periods of time...

I was slow in realizing the comment was aimed at me, how can you evaluate what I do in my diving, we never met. I think you Sir are part of a group who easily show disdain of everything that is east of your region.

I guess my take on DIR is a bit different. Anyone who has an IANTD logo on their site with "Deep Air" in it is pretty much the polar opposite of DIR to me.

STPHANE JOLICOEUR

You mention a very old thing to support your arrogance. Have you ever met the guy?

I was referring to a lot of the other posters...

Do you know them, speculations.:shakehead:

I guess that makes sense. A lot dives we do in the St Lawrence incur deco, but due to the profile, we are long clear by the time we get back to the entrance so I never really count them as deco dives.

Most if not all of my deco dives are done in the Saint-Lawrence river, in the Thousand Island area, between April and November. They are done with the works, twin 130's, 50% stage. A typical week end consists of four dives lasting on average 120 to 140 minutes.

Most of the time we end up with a deco obligation on the second one. Like you said yourself, with the profiles there, deco is done without really any special effort, nonetheless its a deco dive.

I was merely pointing out what appeared to be inflated profiles, and based on experiences with other graduates from the instructor in question, a humorous claim of being DIR.

I shall go back to sitting on the sidelines, as I fear my concerns for what this forum would turn into may have already been realized. I hope thats not the case.

Again you show your arrogance, GUE and DIR in eastern Canada have a bad reputation because of that kind of attitude. How can you judge an instructor on the way one or two of his past students dive when they've spent two days learning with him.

Please stay on the sidelines, this place is not DIR enough for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom