Table Rock in Sept. 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TinmanJones

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello.
I was thinking and doing some research on maybe booking my first trip to Table Rock in September (2012). It would be a great place for me and a buddy to dive, while our wives could go to Branson and shop.
I've contacted Rock Lane Resort and have gotten their rates.
Is there a place you recommend on Table Rock Lake?
I look forward to hearing from you.

You looking for a cabin, condo, hotel room, or any/all of the above?

I guess really, at this moment, I'd have to say convenience for us that will be diving on Saturday (new divers. By September, we should have around 20 dives under our belts. If that info helps). Also, not too far away from shopping in Branson, so our wives can spend the morning there.

Talking with my dive buddy, we want to book at dive with a dive op there on Table Rock. Someone who will understand we're Noobs and give us a nice dive for our experience.

Hopefully this little bit of info will help you guys give us some direction on booking hotels/condos, etc.

Thanks for the reply!

There is really 3 dive ops. The local scuba shop is Scuba Sports. Currently, they are located in a strip mall off Gretna, but will be moving their shop down by Dam and State Park Area. I believe they are also changing their name to White River Dive Company. The other Dive Operation is at the State Park Marina and the 3rd is at Indian Point Marina. Any of them can help you out with some dive trips. Historically, there was a nice place to dive at Dewey Short by the dam, but they are building a new visitors center and I believe they are not allowing diving there anymore....this is still kind of up in the air. If they are allowing diving there, it is a great place for shore diving. Really not to much other shore diving on Table Rock except for around Moonshine Beach; which, is also by the Dam. At Indian Point the new Dive Shop there has shore diving right at the marina and several sunken boats.

Check out our website at www.midwestmuckdiving.com for more information and links to these places.

Snagel

Snagel, thank you so much for all the help you've given so far. If we were to use Indian Point Marina, what would be our best option for hotels or condos? Is there something close right there, on the water? We'd really like a place on the water for our "down" time.
Any thoughts?
Thanks again!
Don (TinmanJones)

Silver Dollar City is about a mile away from the Marina. There are many cabins and condos and motels in that area. Some of the nicer ones are Rocklane Resort, Stillwater, and The Village. I would recommend Rocklane. It's right on the water and just down the road from Indian Point Marina.

Only issue with this area is the traffic going in/out of Silver Dollar City. But, fairly close to the Branson Shows as well.

Snagel

Thank you again. I will resume my search to this area.

What about around the state park? Any condo style areas close to the water? How about the traffic here?

Around the park and dam area is The Chateau on the Lake. Very nice, but very pricey. There are several B&B's around the area, but not too many hotels right around the State Park. Honestly, I would find a place you want to stay and not worry too much about being close to whatever. Driving isn't that big of an issue and everything is relatively close. You just need to know how to get around and there are plenty of maps of the Branson area. They have done a descent job of designing the roads now to get people around.

Back to the traffic issue around Indian Point, really just a huge issue when Silver Dollar city is opening and closing. The rest of the time pretty easy in and out.

I see. Thank you for the information. Hopefully, before too long, I'll have a place secured and I can just enjoy the dives between now and then. I appreciate you!

I agree with snagel, Rock Land Resort is a nice place right on the lake & just a couple of minutes from Indian Point Marina & dive shop. Anything down indian point will be close to the lake/marina & an easy drive into Branson, being in Sept Silver Dollar City should be a little less busy with kids going back to school.
Our boat is at Indian Point Marina & I would recommend indian point dive shop for your diving, a great bunch of guys. Good chance the wife & I will be diving that weekend, maybe we could hook up & Dive a couple of spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom