Table Rock in Sept. 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dwellerbottom. That sounds awesome, except my dive buddy and his wife have informed me that we will need to wait a couple weeks after Sept. 7-9, because thats the weekend following Labor day weekend and we have dive plans for the Labor Day weekend. So, we'll need to sit out a week or two before we can make our way up to Table Rock.
But still, if your close, we might could hook up, whatever weekend we finally choose.

We live about 30 minutes from Indian Point marina & will be out on the lake about every weekend all summer or until it gets to cold. Just let me know when you decide on a date. After Labor day there should be a lot less traffic on the roads & the lake.

Sounds like a great plan DwellerBottom. I'll keep you informed here as we secure our plans.

I did a dive at Table Rock through the marina this last Mon. Unless your just wanting to get wet it is not really worth it. One tank for $55. Visibility was terrible. Below the muck like was very cold with limited visibility. Operation really left a lot to be desired. There was a discover scuba guy who got a whole 5 min brief on equipment and diving before going out. A guy on the boat was certified through them. Was telling the discover scuba guy to train through them because he did not have to do any class work. Just had to do the check out dives for certification. Who knows if it was true or not but still. Pack full wet suit and hood if you are going to go. To me it was not worth the time or money. JMO.

A guy on the boat was certified through them. Was telling the discover scuba guy to train through them because he did not have to do any class work. Just had to do the check out dives for certification. Who knows if it was true or not but still

Holy crap comes to mind!!

Nagle how about the Branson queen boat or what ever it was called for a dive? I'd like to see this wreck, is it a boat dive or a shore dive? And I'd be up for a late Sep Table Rock

Holy crap comes to mind!!

Nagle how about the Branson queen boat or what ever it was called for a dive? I'd like to see this wreck, is it a boat dive or a shore dive? And I'd be up for a late Sep Table Rock

Do you mean the Zebulon Pike? We are diving it this Sunday for our deep dive for AOW cert.
It is a boat dive, we could setup a time you could meet up with my wife & I and show you where it is located & get in a few dives.

I would really like to see the Zeb but I'm finishing an open water class on norfork Sunday morning. Hope you have fun and I look forward to a report.

Well we can get together another time & dive the Zeb, We are diving Table Rock about every weekend.
Yesterday on the Zeb temps were 51 degrees at 80 ft about 10 ft of vis. This is a very cool dive, our AOW instructor said he thought this was about the neatest wreck dive he has done at our local lakes, this was his first time to dive it. I will be going back to dive it soon, maybe next weekend?
We also did a night dive at Jakes point & this was a cool dive again around 10 ft of vis but we saw tons of fish & lots of big ones, lots of mud bugs & a couple of strange little critters that I had never seen before & have no clue what they were. A great day of diving was had by all.

Last edited:
Table Rock is having a cleanup on the weekend of September 22 2012. If you guys are interested its being hosted by the white river dive company.

Back
Top Bottom