Table Rock March 8-9?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgray:
patch of foundations on a flat bottom. What does this mean? Well, you won't have a wall or slope to ascend on. So to safely surface you would most likely want to float an SMB, and ascend on a line. This can be difficult and dangerous for the inexperienced if not performed correctly.

That's my thoughts as well. I've been thinking a simple way to do it is to use a depth finder to find something close to the proper depth and then drop anchor using that as a guide line for descent and ascent.

Now for me I never touch a guide line and just look at it so it wouldn't matter how solid it is as long as it doesn't drift.

But, having dove TR to near 100 feet deep I can agree that it's not going to be very bright, lights will be useful. It most likely won't be pitch black based on the dives I've done but it won't be very bright and you won't see beyond 10 feet, maybe closer to 5 feet of vis.

Being careful is definitely in order here.

**But, having dove TR to near 100 feet deep I can agree that it's not going to be very bright, lights will be useful. It most likely won't be pitch black based on the dives I've done but it won't be very bright and you won't see beyond 10 feet, maybe closer to 5 feet of vis.**

Have you been down there lately? The last time I was there, 70-80ft you lost all light. My buddy was there last weekend and confirmed this for me.

Additionally, "main street" is likely buried under several feet of silt--all the submerged "roads" I have dived at Table Rock are--at best you can make out where the silt is a little flatter there than 5 feet over. And in better weather you will have a lot of boats screaming over you out in the middle of the channel where Oasis is located.

The best bet on this venture is that you can enjoy the feeling that you are looking for something that might be there. If you do find any kind of structure there, though, please advise us of the GPS coordinates. Please. Also advise whether that is really where the mermaid of Table Rock hides.

theskull

theskull:
If you do find any kind of structure there, though, please advise us of the GPS coordinates. Please. Also advise whether that is really where the mermaid of Table Rock hides.
If you see her, get her to recommend her favorite spots on TR. :) I might want to come up there sometime.

Willie

hey b, went to table rock on march 6-7, water is a cold 43 degrees, viz at the dam was 8-12 ft down to 70 foot depth after that it quickley drops to 2-3 ft. the lake is looooowwww.

Hey P, Was that on your first or second dive for the weekend? How many days did you stay? How many dives did you get in? eyebrow How many tanks did you burn? Did you stay warm with all that fur?:cwmddd: Did you have a light? 43* sounds cold but I thought you had a drysuit.:pity_part How warm do you think mermet is going to be.:ice: We still love ya Tadpole:1poke:

kfd210:
Hey P, Was that on your first or second dive for the weekend? How many days did you stay? How many dives did you get in? eyebrow How many tanks did you burn? Did you stay warm with all that fur?:cwmddd: Did you have a light? 43* sounds cold but I thought you had a drysuit.:pity_part How warm do you think mermet is going to be.:ice: We still love ya Tadpole:1poke:
we will be plenty warm, with all your hot air :wink:

I'm ready to go down there any weekend. Just PM me and I will gladly help with gas $. I need to break in the new drysuit anyway!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom