Taca airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to Roatan in June. Delta's fares are $875 round trip and there are 4 of us! YIKES
Live in Georgia but was looking at Taca flights from Miami which are $566 round trip.
It has a stop in San Salvador and I am just not familiar with that airlines. Can anyone help me on this matter.
Yes it requires a good drive but with gas prices down hey that is $1235 difference.
HELP...
thanks,
Lynn

I have used TACA many times from Houston to Roatan....no problems...since Continental started flying to Roatan I use them...they have better flight times out of Houston....but TACA is a lot cheaper than CO...so I may use TACA in June if CO doesn't drop their prices...

They have a flight that stops both ways in Roatan between San Salvador and Miami.... So check and see, I have boarded that plan in Roatan on my way to San Salvador direct out of Miami! The Co-Pilot had to change break pads on the runway so we were delayed an hour! I too have flown them a number of times and almost always an adventure:wink:

I have flown them many times as well with absolutely no problems. Good service (w/o US carrier attitude), on time and no baggage problems.

I've only used them for one trip (and return).
My luggages were delayed on the way in to Honduras for a few hours (NYC-San Pedro Sula-La Ceiba). I had to make numerous phone calls to known where they were as they were very unorganised (from one phone call to another, they were arrived, already sent, soon to be sent, etc.). It took them 4 days to give them back. They never called to keep me posted. I finally got them without any accompanying papers, and without signing anything
= > one of them was suspiciously disappeared and recovered by the driver from the airport to delivery place in Utila
=> I didn't got insurance reimbursement because I hadn't any papers proving the 4 days delay.

If I have particulalrly valuable luggage I tend to pay the extra to fly with Continental or Delta who manage to act concerend when the luggage handling company loses your luggage!

I also make sure i fly Direct to Roatan if at all possible. It is well worth the additional cost. Flying in to San Pedro or Le Ceiba is usually $200 or so cheaper but undoubtedly increases the chance of lost luggage.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for!

TACA's main hub and home is El Salvador. They have flights from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, Washington, D.C. (?) and New York with connecting flights to Roatan. At certain times of the year, they have direct flights from Houston and Miami to Roatan. These direct flights were cancelled this fall and are scheduled to restart some time in 2009.

If you are not on a direct TACA flight to Roatan, then you will have to change planes in San Pedro Sula to Islena which is TACA's domestic Honduran feeder air service.

Since these are smaller prop-jet planes, they have limited cargo space. If luggage gets delayed in route, it is usually at this point. It can take 1 to 5 days for delayed luggage to reach its final destination. My personal experience with TACA has been very good. My delayed luggage arrived the next day. However, that is always not the case.

As a note aside, lately, the luggage of some Delta passengers with close connections in Atlanta has not made the Delta direct flight to Roatan on Saturday. Since there is not another Delta flight until the followng Saturday, Delta has forwarded the delayed luggage to Roatan via TACA. Generally this luggage has arrived on the followingTuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on weather, cargo loads and the H-Factor.

Also, TACA has been cancelling flights without notifying ticket holders. Not a lot, but it has and does happen.

Probably the person with the most up to date knowledge of flight schedules and fares is Debbi at Roatan Charter (roatan.com). Email: debbie@roatan.com

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Doc Radawski

doacradawski@gmail.com

just come on a delta flight out of Atlanta via San pedro sula US$318 return. travelling sunday. luggage all connected, fantastic service. Also check out Spirit air from fort Lauderdale. cheap flights. Rumours of them starting a direct to Roatan from Fort lauderdale. From San Pedro you then have the option of island hopper planes to the island or bus with Hedman Alas to La Ceiba then the ferry. Taxi from San Pedro direct to ferry dock about US$100, ferry, about us$25 per person. Hedman Alas bus first class US$20pp.

TACA's main hub and home is El Salvador. They have flights from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, Washington, D.C. (?) and New York with connecting flights to Roatan. At certain times of the year, they have direct flights from Houston and Miami to Roatan. These direct flights were cancelled this fall and are scheduled to restart some time in 2009.

If you are not on a direct TACA flight to Roatan, then you will have to change planes in San Pedro Sula to Islena which is TACA's domestic Honduran feeder air service.

Since these are smaller prop-jet planes, they have limited cargo space. If luggage gets delayed in route, it is usually at this point. It can take 1 to 5 days for delayed luggage to reach its final destination. My personal experience with TACA has been very good. My delayed luggage arrived the next day. However, that is always not the case.

As a note aside, lately, the luggage of some Delta passengers with close connections in Atlanta has not made the Delta direct flight to Roatan on Saturday. Since there is not another Delta flight until the followng Saturday, Delta has forwarded the delayed luggage to Roatan via TACA. Generally this luggage has arrived on the followingTuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on weather, cargo loads and the H-Factor.

Also, TACA has been cancelling flights without notifying ticket holders. Not a lot, but it has and does happen.

Probably the person with the most up to date knowledge of flight schedules and fares is Debbi at Roatan Charter (roatan.com). Email: debbie@roatan.com

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Doc Radawski

doacradawski@gmail.com

this is "DocSpeak" his word is gospel....since he has been living on and off (mostly on) the island before it was an island:rofl3: glad to hear you are back to stay ....D:

see ya in June:blinking:

i also use spirit airlines for flying in and out of Central America. They hit up Miami and NYC with cheap fares and hassle free. I can usually find a 1 way ticket outta NYC to San Pedro for $150.

Back
Top Bottom