Tacoma Dive & Travel Expo May 22-23d, 2010 - Who's coming??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised that there's not a long thread on this already...

I'll be at booth #805 at the Tacoma show this weekend! We'll have lots of great goodies to show and sell including the new Sea & Sea YS-01 strobe, Fix 500 LED focus lights, Nauticam D300s, two packages around the new Olympus E-PL1; Olympus and the brand new 10Bar E-PL1 housing with interchangeable ports!

Incredible deals on closeout FE-360/PT-044/Remora Pro packages for $499 complete!

On Saturday Fantasea Line Rep Ran Vered will be at the booth, answering your questions on their products.

Stop by and say hello!

Jack

Last edited:
I just found out I'll be working there on Saturday doing "Discover Scuba Dives" in the pool. I sure hope it is better than last year!

I don't get to go this year -- waaaahhhh! But somebody has to earn a living :)

I had a great time last year. I'd highly recommend going to anybody in the area who is interested in diving, whether you're certified or not.

I'll be there ... all day both days ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I had not heard of this upcoming show. Thanks for posting.

What is the venue and per another poster, sounds like it may be a bit of a let down?

Is it worth driving 1 hour to go and see?

I'll be there!

I'll see you there Jack. Loved my Big Blue focus light I bought last year and I am seriously looking at the PEN setup.

Jim

I had not heard of this upcoming show. Thanks for posting.

What is the venue and per another poster, sounds like it may be a bit of a let down?

Is it worth driving 1 hour to go and see?

I can assure you it won't be a letdown. This is the third year for this show, and it's gotten bigger and better every year. I went the first year thinking I'd take a quick stroll through, say hello to a few friends, and go diving ... and ended up staying till the close of day and coming back the next day for all the stuff I had missed.

You should go ... it'll blow you away.

I'm also surprised that ScubaBoard didn't promote it this year ... the previous two shows they had a booth there, and had run banner ads like they do all the other shows. Perhaps they decided to cut this one out this year ... can't do 'em all, after all.

The venue is the Tacoma Convention Center.

If you decide to go, stop by and say hello at the Northwest Dive Club booth ... I'll be in and out of the booth all day. We've got lots of help, and we're kinda loosely organized anyway (it's our nature) ... but a fun group of divers to get to know ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob,

I'm in the market for a camera and housing as I can't seem to find a reasonably priced housing for my Panasonic Lumix.

I will attend on Saturday.

Does Dive Rite vend at this show?

Thanks Bob,

I'm in the market for a camera and housing as I can't seem to find a reasonably priced housing for my Panasonic Lumix.
Then you definitely should talk to Jack (Optical Ocean) ... the big vendors like Reef and Backscatter will also be there, but dealing with a local vendor has a lot of advantages ... and Jack really stands behind what he sells.

I will attend on Saturday.
Hope to meet you ... stop by the Northwest Dive Club booth and say howdy.

Does Dive Rite vend at this show?
There will be Dive Rite vendors there, but I believe Dive Rite will also have their own booth ... they did last year.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom