Tactical Navigation Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkyAce2004

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have designed out of necessity, an underwater navigation board. I know there are options available online, but I needed something using stuff I already had, and came up with this.

This features a Ritchie F-50 compass, 2 BigBlue AL1300NP flashlights, 2 go-pro mounts, and a mount for a watch/chronometer. There are various ways to hold this (horizontal, vertical, or the 45 degree posts) for comfort, along with 3 clip ins to tie in the flashlights or tether it to your BC.

Rough dimensions are 10" x 10" at the base and 8" tall, without any attachments

I have been told by numerous people to market/sell this, but I'm not a business person and think something like this would be extremely niche.

Pricing everything out, I would be able to sell this potentially for $500, the majority of the cost being the compass and dive lights.

Some feedback after practical diving, the overall buoyancy is about -.5lbs, most of it being in the posts, but can be fixed in another production run.
The lights on the compass REALLY help improve visibility, especially in <1 ft vis, the lines on the compass glow and really cut through the muck. I'm not too happy about the watch as it's not illuminated, and can't find a cost effective option for a dive watch that is always lit. You can see it fine in normal diving, but anything in less that 1ft of vis, you're not going to see it very well.

I wasn't sure where else to bounce this idea off of, so I'm testing the waters here for feedback and some ideas for those of you who have some time to spare.

20240513_180147.jpg

Capture.PNG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom