TAG Heur Service/Repairs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BiggDawg

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a TAG Heur dive watch that I've had for years.

Every couple of years I had the battery replaced and the seals checked with good result.

Unfortunately, the last time I had it serviced by a TAG Heur dealer, a high end jewelry store, the watch leaked in a swimming pool!.

Where do you get your TAG Heur watch(es) serviced, and did you get good service?

I need a place that will work via shipment, because I guarantee that I am not near a service facility. Also, need one in the USA.

Any help? Thanx,

mbs:
How bout their corp service center in jersey?
( from: http://www.tagheuer.com/the-brand/c...ex.lbl?c=8E66BBD1-F0A7-4400-AD32-823491A591B9 )
Corporate Service Center:
Thanx.

I found them on the Internet, too.

Problem is, they are really the marketing arm. They steer you to whomever is on their list.

I followed their list before, the last time, and got service that leaked.

I am hoping some one actually has experience with a service center, and knows where I can get quality service so I can use my watch again.

Any one?

When I had my Rolex cleaned, I found a small watch repair store that specialized in high end timepieces. As soon as I walked in, I knew I was in the right place.
Somewhere up there in the Research Triangle, there's a guy like that.

I worked for a Tag Heuer dealer for 7 years and own 3 myself.

For lack of good service locally, the last time I had updated info...

Tag Heuer had all of their authorized service done by a company called Pro Time Service in NJ. They did good work but they were expensive. Usually about $35-$70 for a battery service. This includes: new gaskets, movement cleaning, battery, pressure testing and shipping to you.

One thing to note. If they find any corrosion from your battery they will more likely than not replace the whole movement. Also, if your watch should leak when they do their pressure test, you are looking at paying for a new movement as well.

I had mine done by a local dealer with a pressure test device and all works fine but I don't take mine diving. Local cost $18 each.

I won't dive with my TAG, to much freaking money to have flood out. I was on a boat last year and the guy came up with a flooded TAG. I have a 22 year old Seiko divers automatic that I used to dive with but I need to get the seals replaced before it will see any more water then a shower. The only timing I use anymore under water are my computers.

I've been fairly lucky with my Tag, any service I've needed was done locally thought an authorized dealer. I was told by my local dealer that major Tag service is shipped out (I think to Seattle), and takes a couple of weeks.

I know that doesn't help you much, but it might give you some idea what you can expect.

I do have a question, If your battery was replaced by an authorized dealer, did they recommend a pressure check after replacing the battery? It seems that is the standard procedure with Tag dealers in the Dallas area. Every time I have had a battery replaced, they offer the pressure check, and guaranty the service against leaks if I order a pressure check.

I will not dive an expensive watch. Stick to Casio, Seiko, Citizen or even el cheapo watches underwater.

I love my Tag Heuer watch, but I would never take it diving. Sure, they say you can, but I have known a bunch of people who have been sorry they took expensive watches diving.

I have never understood the desire to do so. I have a Timex Ironman sport watch that says it is good to 100m. I bought it for about $20-30. I can't vouch for 100m, but it has been on every dive I have ever done and it still works. I will have to break about a hundred Timexes before it makes sense to take my Tag diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom