Taking a Dji Mavic Mini Drone to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ducatiwv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Would this be a problem , flying into Coz airport, would you risk it? Will have a Camera and a few lenses also

People seem to get away with it but it is against Mexican law plus you have 2 airports with no fly zones to consider. Hopefully you know & follow US FAA rules which should have you up to date on the safe operation of them. This isn't new but I haven't seen any newer stories about current policy Mexico Drone Laws

I have a Mavic Mini down there. I never use it close to town, mostly east side and south. No issues so far.

I have a Mavic Mini down there. I never use it close to town, mostly east side and south. No issues so far.
Awesome, I was mainly going to use it away from town more on the beaches to the north, I was concerned about getting it through customs, if there might be a problem with that and thanks!

People seem to get away with it but it is against Mexican law plus you have 2 airports with no fly zones to consider. Hopefully you know & follow US FAA rules which should have you up to date on the safe operation of them. This isn't new but I haven't seen any newer stories about current policy Mexico Drone Laws

FAA rules for the USA do not apply outside of the USA.

Nor do Transport Canada's rules apply outside here BUT they do TRY to teach people to fly responsibly. Buying a drone does not mean you own the sky & can do what ever you want with it. Following the FAA or TC rules outside those areas can still keep you out of trouble a lot more than ignoring them will.

The mini weighs 249 grams so is exempt from registration and many other rules. You might say it flies under the regulatory radar.

The mini weighs 249 grams so is exempt from registration and many other rules. You might say it flies under the regulatory radar.
I am buying the mini 2 today it’s under 250g also and I definitely plan on staying away from anything remotely off limits for flying , thanks again

I saw a drone flying over the water in the south when I was there two weeks ago. Not sure if they were flying from a boat or the shore, but it was out over where the boats are traveling. They must have had a camera on it as there would be no other reason for it to be that far out over the water.

Back
Top Bottom