Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Switch to water based personal lubricant, KY lubricant, for your seals.

Just be careful you don't touch the inside of your mask with personal lubricant is on your hands - it caused my mask to fog really bad.

Ken, would you mind pointing to where you read this? As I understand it, there are two different groups here: a relatively large number of old people who worked in the asbestos or a related industry, and a relatively small number of younger people who were exposed to particulates escaping from asbestos that was installed (e.g., in heating and transport systems) long ago despite best practices these days to seal it off. I suspect it is the former group overwhelming the latter that leads to this cause of death still being greater than road accidents. I believe in a few years those old asbestos workers will no longer be with us, and we will see a very sharp decrease in asbestos-related deaths.

HSE publishes latest stats on asbestos related deaths in the UK - Inspectas

About 3k from asbestos vs 1.8k on the roads typically.

Sadly the tail will be very long. First of all it takes a long time to kill, and some longer than others, second there is really a lot it out there. Removing it safely is very expensive and disposing of the waste expensive and a major hassle. As a result there is significant ‘cowboy’ removal. People will just smash up sheet with a hammer and stuff it into rubble sacks. Much is embedded in the structure of buildings. People using those building might have no idea, this is especially true in single dwellings.

Thanks, Ken. It isn't clear how those kinds of exposures compare with what we're talking about with drysuit seals, but we can each try to draw our own conclusions.

+1 on the sex lube. An added bonus you can leave your truck in confidence if you leave a big bottle of lube sitting on the tailgate. No one will mess with someone who needs and carries an 8+oz bottle of lube in public seems to work better than a gun.

Thanks, Ken. It isn't clear how those kinds of exposures compare with what we're talking about with drysuit seals, but we can each try to draw our own conclusions.

Talc ought not to be a risk, the manufacturers should make sure of that.

+1 on the sex lube. An added bonus you can leave your truck in confidence if you leave a big bottle of lube sitting on the tailgate. No one will mess with someone who needs and carries an 8+oz bottle of lube in public seems to work better than a gun.

Don’t forget the torches, gaffer tape, hood, bungee and bits of rope.

Back
Top Bottom