Talk about stupidity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went diving on Culebra PR and Vieques PR this summer. On Culebra, the Capt. was the diveleader. I dove with both operations on the island and it was the same on both. No one was on the boat. However, both dives were in relatively shallow water near shore. If push came to shove, we should have been able to swim to shore. I was so shocked when this happened the first time that I said nothing. However, with the second outfit, I did ask the owner/skipper/dm about this practice. He said one time he and his divers surfaced & he had to swim about 400 ft to the boat since the anchor had come loose. He then swung by and picked up his divers. At least on the second dive with this operation, he was tied off on a mooring ball. On Vieques with Nansea Charters, the Capt was on board and the owner functioned as our guide. In my 31 years of diving, I have never run into no one topside on a charter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom