Tampa area divers wetsuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During the winter, yes. They stay a constant 68 to 72 degrees depending on the spring. Right now the gulf is in the mid 60's and dipping.

thx eandiver....

not to beat this subject to death, but does anyone here use a 7mm in the Gulf? One of the dive shops recommended (on their website) to use a 7mm or drysuit during the winter months. Is this just for people who are extra-sensitive to cold?

thx eandiver...not to beat this subject to death, but does anyone here use a 7mm in the Gulf? One of the dive shops recommended (on their website) to use a 7mm or drysuit during the winter months. Is this just for people who are extra-sensitive to cold?

I personally don't think there's such a thing as too much wetsuit...you may overheat a little on the boat at times but in the water it's easily remedied.

I dive a 5/4 Bare full + 5/3 Henderson Hooded Vest in anything below 72F and down to 60F.

Cheers.

-J.-

I agree with johnny. Anything at or below 60 or for bottom times longer than 1 hr at 72 or below I use the drysuit. It also depends how sensitive you are to the cold. Scott (aka Polar Bear) was diving the gulf with us in 72 degree water wearing just swim trunks.

i use a 3 in the winter and nothing in the summer..well besides a bathing suit...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom