Tampa diver fatality at Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you say he was a diver??? My condolences either way............

This quote was far down in the article:

"Chris led an exemplary life," Euhus said. "He was in excellent health and never drank alcohol. He was a strong swimmer and a certified diver."

So, he was apparently a diver, but not diving at that particular time.

Ran into a diver at Venice Beach yesterday and he mentioned that the Tampa fellow had been diving earlier in the day of the accident.. From the article it sounds like he and his brother went swimming afterwards in the large surf when the accident happened.. Don't know much about the accident, but would like to know more about the conditions at the time as I dive this area weekly... Haven't seen a rip current here before now..

Ever time I go to Florida, I read about rip currents drowning people. I was there 2 weeks ago, and a hero died saving others.

Some poke fun at me for wearing a horse collar on moving boats and in surf, but I'm just glad I survived the days I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom