tank banger or rattler??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a rattler type thing.. I think it's called an "Acou-stik" .. I got it for christmas, frankly I don't think I'll use it much because it's a little bulky to be carrying around or getting it in and out of BC pockets.

I don't think I would try to carry a rattler. It would be too much trouble making sure you don't get bit, and eventually, it is just gonna drown.

M.D.:
I have a rattler type thing.. I think it's called an "Acou-stik" .. I got it for christmas, frankly I don't think I'll use it much because it's a little bulky to be carrying around or getting it in and out of BC pockets.

Almost went with that one because of price but realized it was too big so I went with the trident stick. Hardly know its in the BC pocket because it is so slim.:D

The rattle/shakers don't work too well if you're wearing a hood so we don't see them too much up here.

I always keep my dive knife easily accesible, and it has a titanium nub on the end especially for tank-banging :D

Loud or quiet, just depends on how hard you hit. I can honestly say it's hard to forget and you don't have to spend anymore money (many consider dive knives mandatory equiptment in the first place).

jgmaroe:
I always keep my dive knife easily accesible, and it has a titanium nub on the end especially for tank-banging :D

Loud or quiet, just depends on how hard you hit. I can honestly say it's hard to forget and you don't have to spend anymore money (many consider dive knives mandatory equiptment in the first place).

However I knew of someone who punctured their BC when they were banging the tank.:banghead:

First of all when wearing a hood I never hear anything and neither does my wife.

Without a hood best I found are the large bolt snaps, carabiners or stuff like that. I bought one of the H2Yo's recently and while it's load enough, albeit not quite as load, it rattles all the time.

It's jingle bell's getting in the water and jingle bells getting out. I gave it to another diver on the boat.

I have a noisemaker which I never used (still for sale at $15 shipped). Just didn't feel like bringing another piece of equipment down with me. Now I use my light to get a buddy's attention (it's bright enough to work even during the day). Also I've considered upgrading from a stake knife with the tip broken off to make it flat to one of these small knives with a metal butt so I could bang on the tank with it if need be since I bring down my knife each dive anyway:

Back
Top Bottom