Tank cam strap assembled incorrectly at factory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boy, I take a couple days off and it takes 4 pages to thread a CAM strap. Wow, I guess you guys missed me :D

Sorry, just wanted to make sure I could get on this thread too :eek:ut:

Ty

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

You still use duct tape to hold your tank on?

naw, duct tape was too expensive... just zip tied it on...

Ty

I compared with mine powertech and positioned same with yours. Marked the velcros on it as attached. the velcros and the buckle positioning are correct but fitted on the BC incorrectly due to your photo. the thing is just make the strap inside out that means the velcro should be at the outside. Then turn the ring on the buckle once since there are two possible positions. Then try once more and insert to the backpack as the velcros should be outside. Only the fitting of the guy assembled the strap is wrong.

I hope the above makes sense and work.:mean:

Moray,
Thanks, but MY Velcro os on the OPPOSITE side of where you denote the yellow - definately meaning mine WAS assembled incorrectly and I am getting a new one today.

By the way, this BC came from Leisure Pro and after calling them and them saying "What do you want us to do - we are not really a Mares dealer" bring home earlier threads concerning if a Mail order firm is going to assist you when you have problems.

Sure they are issuing me a credit for the problem, however, for some, this may have resulted in a missed diving trip.

I think about this fiasco I'll be making more purchases in my LDS. Would have been a whole lot easier to have drove 5 miles to the LDS than mess around with mail order.

-END OF THREAD_

Scuba446 once bubbled...
When the lay it out it looks like:

^^^^^ equals Velcro pointing UP

[______] __________^^^^^^^^_____________

Buckle opening facing UP - Velcro facing UP...
That's backwards.
Take it back.
Rick

Although we all couldn't get along, I am glad we finally got through the backward strap (BS) problem. Another way to fix the BS problem would be go just go to doubles and do away with cam/tank straps entirely! No more BS!

But then you would need a backplate and wing to mount your doubles...

-END OF THREAD_

Thank god...I have been getting false readings from my magnetometer from all the irony in this thread..

that it would take all of 30 seconds for you to fit it yourself? Why is this still going on? You're sending it back?

Why haven't you fixed it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom