Tank Identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you please assist me in confrim the type of tanks these are.. I am pretty sure the LP 2250 is a 72 but not sure of the 3000 .... Thanks...

Attachments

• PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 98
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 106
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 114
The 2250 is a steel 72.

There weren't many of those 3000 psi made. I have only seen a couple. Someone else on one of the boards mentioned what size they are, but I can't remember. I think it is about an 80 cu ft. I sure someone will identify it.

What is the original hydro year on the 3000 psi tank? Is it 73 or 78?

As a last resort you can measure the actual water volume during a hydro test to determine an accurate internal volume.

Nice find.

Good luck

I pulled the information from my "Mystery" Tank... :)

Dot/Service PSI: DOT-3AA3000

?: 7788U

Hydro Dates:

4c78+
6F84

I didnt see any other markings on the tank....

The 3AA just indicates that it is a chrome-molybdenum seamless steel tank, the same as most LP tanks including the steel 72.

The first hydro date is the 4c78 +
That date makes sense. It was probably made to compete with the AL 80 which was growing in popularity at the time.

The plus means that it was intended to be filled at 10% over the 3000 psi (as long as it has a + next to the current hydro). Getting a + next to a current hydro would be close to impossible without the REE number.

I think I can almost make out a PST symbol right above the original date, is that correct? It would be a large P with smaller S and T.

Nice tank. I would love to have a couple of them.

I went and looked again at the tank I could only make out the letter "P"... I looked closely but didnt see the "st"... I will take another look at it in better light when I get home...

So is this tank considered LP at 3000?

Im also assuming that since the last hydro in 84' it did not receive "+" so it can not be overfilled correct?... I have no plans or desire to overfill it but I was just curious.... I know at least in North Texas... I couldnt get an overfill anyway due the LDS's not having compressors they have like out in Florida.. Im lucky to get my 3000 PSI.... :) (Sorry for the generalization, but its been my experience LOL...)

I bought the two Navy tanks from Lonestardiver and here they are ready to go in original configuration with an ex-Navy US Divers DA Navy Approved regulator.

Attachments

• DSC02315 (Small).JPG
    DSC02315 (Small).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 102
I bought the two Navy tanks from Lonestardiver and here they are ready to go in original configuration with an ex-Navy US Divers DA Navy Approved regulator.

A thing of beauty, Captain.

c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom