tank lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UK Beacon light for the environmental concern.
It is worth buying it... Another, UK comes with the lifetime warranty. I consider the tank light as "Must Have" item for the night dive, specially for the large group diving trip.

P.S. To cave diver, the tank light is used in the cave diving?

I use a yoke light from Innovative Products, but I don't set mine to flash. I just set it to come on without flashing.

yokelightsm.jpg

I use a green glo-toob attached with one of those coily chord things you put keys on. It's small, waterproof to an absurd 11,000 feet, incredibly visible, virtually indestructable, and the battery lasts forever. I use it on every dive.

I use the Princeton Tec "Eco Flare". They are cheap, bright, sturdy, available in several different light colors and have a long battery life. I strongly recommend these flashing (non-strobe) type tank lights.

Boat captains can see the annoying flashing strobes better than the light sticks. So I go with the strobe.

I use a red flashing Pelican mini led flasher 2130. It gets 130 hours out of two mini watch batteries. I have a few buddies with the lazerstick flashing tubes and those things are just too bright and you can see them even when you aren't looking for them. Mine is bright enough to see but if I cover my light it is not so "loud" that I can see it flashing on my tank. Its waterproof to 500ft and you can buy it at Walmart for $8.

I have a couple of those Glo toob? tubes or whatever they are and spent way too much money for them. Of course one of them flooded right off the bat when my then new diving girlfriend twisted it the wrong way. They are ok but nothing that special.

I still prefer the glow sticks. Snap and tie them off to the tank. Lets get wet. No batteries, no flooding.

I was on a boat doing a night dive. I had come up early b/c mi primary had died, and the back up didn't throught enouf light to stay down. When i got on the boat I looked over the water. All i could see was green glows from the chem lights that everyone had. The green one are so visable.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom