Tank Recovered-Looking for owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A tank was recovered off of Beltway 8. The valve is bent, it was leaking air, and has multiple gouges apparently from hitting the roadway at high speed.

We would like to to see the tank returned to the rightful owner. Please be prepared to provide positive indentifying information so we can return it properly.

Look at it this way, the tank is still worth about $13 for scrap. With a bit of luck, the tank was a rental.

It sounds like it might belong to whalerkyle. If you could just stand it up by the roadside, he'll take another shot at picking it [-]up[/-] off. :D

Yeah, that tank sounds like it is pretty much condemned. You want to know the funny thing though? I heard that the guy who recovered the tank wants a $50 finders fee for recovering it, and the shop that he dropped it off at is helping him keep it from the rightful owner. I thought that divers were generally pretty amicable people who help each other out. Apparently there are a couple of remora type parasites that are out there to feed off others. Damn shame, I bet if he found my dog dead or dying on the side of the road he'd want $50 for finding that too.

I found a pair of broken sunglasses, if they belong to you come get them. $50 finders fee.

BubbleRlame:

This situation has been resolved. It is my understanding that the tank is being turned over to the rightful owner this week by the individual who found it. Dive Zone Scuba was instrumental in seeing this happen. Whether or not a finder's fee reward is offered or received is between the two involved parties.

I regret that you have chosen to make obviously false statements. The truth is I made my original post on this board to help the rightful owner obtain his tank back.

I also spoke to one of the owners of the diveshop who VIPed this tank even though it was out of hydro. This particular type of tank requires a hydro every three years. It was last hydroed in 2007 and the VIP was from 2011. The shop failed to send me any documentation on ownership of this tank even though they claimed they knew who the owner was and told me that they were going to send it via email.

Since not many people know about the details about asking for a reward, it is obvious that you are associated with this shop. Fortunately, the tank did not cause any accidents or injuries before it was removed from the road. In fact the diver who eventually acquired the tank had to get it from another person who first removed it in the road. That individual did not know what it was and was apparently going to sell it for scrap. The diver advised the individual that the tank was dangerous as it was leaking air through the bent valve. The diver wisely brought it to our shop to help return the tank to the rightful owner.

As to your dead dog and other lost items, I have helped a number of people with that as well. Go ask your course director about the Bare boots I found at 288 Lake a couple of weeks ago.

So, why don't you have the courage to identify yourself and the shop you are associated with and publically apologize rather than making blatantly false troll statements behind some new account with one post.

Last edited:
Apparently there are a couple of remora type parasites that are out there to feed off others. Damn shame, I bet if he found my dog dead or dying on the side of the road he'd want $50 for finding that too.

found a dying one $50 and it is yours. $25 and you get the dead one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom