Tank rental in Dallas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for a LDS in the Dallas area that will rent tanks in the 95 or 100 cf range for an upcoming trip to the Flower Gardens. (I'm a bit of an air hog, my wife isn't, it's just not fair to her).

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
-MMW

Uh, well I don't know of any shops that rent 100cf tanks, not in Dallas anyway...

You might give Randy a ring at Lone Star Scuba-Dallas.... (?).

The Flower Gardens are pretty shallow. You might be fine with the same tanks.

Yeah shallow for tech divers! Not for recreational divers though. 80- 100 feet on every dive. Sometimes you can get in the 65-75 foot range, but not that often and not on every sight. If the currents pick up then you have to work even harder and an air hog will drain a tank in 20 minutes.

Yeah shallow for tech divers! Not for recreational divers though. 80- 100 feet on every dive. Sometimes you can get in the 65-75 foot range, but not that often and not on every sight. If the currents pick up then you have to work even harder and an air hog will drain a tank in 20 minutes.

Exactly.

Tried Lone star, no luck. But thanks anyway.

Exactly.

Tried Lone star, no luck. But thanks anyway.

Well good luck on the search.....just as a 'thought' you might do a 'search' for the Houston area dive shops....pick it up on the way down and drop off on the return..(?)

Have you thought about calling scuba toys and if they don't have them available ask whom they would recommend down in that area that way your not bringing tanks on a long road trip down there :)

Back
Top Bottom