Tank(s) to Borrow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

basilbowman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

My name is Nathan, and I've posted on here a couple of times, most recently from up in B.C., where I was doing a lot of diving, but now I'm back in good old KY for the rest of the summer, and I was wondering if anyone out in the vast netherworld that is the internet could help me out. I am trying to log as many dives as I can over the summer, so that when I start working on my instructors certs I'll be up for it, but whereas up at school I had tanks to borrow from the school, here I've got nothing. I've got all of my other gear, but renting tanks is getting obscenely expensive, and as a broke college student that is quickly pushing diving out of my range. I'm only in town for the next month and a half, and then I'm moving off to where there is no diving (Alberta...) and so I was wondering if anyone has a tank that is sitting in their garage that they aren't using now that they wouldn't mind letting a broke college kid borrow for the rest of the summer. Stickers don't matter, I'll go in and get all of that done for you, so if they've been sitting around for a couple of years, no biggie. I like to think I'm a good guy, so I'm not going to run off with them, I am an Eagle Scout after all. I'm handy with a hammer and nails, paintbrush, lawn mower, etc. if you've got something around the house that needs to be done. I'm also a jazz pianist, playing nightclubs and bars and suchlike if you've got a party coming up that live music would be nice at. Basically I'm just throwing this out there to see if the world is still as cool of a place as I think it is. Messages on here are fine, or email, or my cell (502-410-2097) and I apologize if this is innappropriately placed, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I don't have any extras for loan, but I'm constantly moving 4 tanks back and forth for fills. If your ever going to be out at Falling Rock some weeked just give me a shout and I'll make sure all 4 are filled so we can get some bottom time in!

Land Locked:
Hi Nathan,

I don't have any extras for loan, but I'm constantly moving 4 tanks back and forth for fills. If your ever going to be out at Falling Rock some weekend just give me a shout and I'll make sure all 4 are filled so we can get some bottom time in!

It looks like your ScubaBoard profile needs to be updated. It says that you are not yet certified :) which I find highly unlikely for a ScubaBoard veteran who own 4 tanks.

ronbeau:
It looks like your ScubaBoard profile needs to be updated. It says that you are not yet certified :) which I find highly unlikely for a ScubaBoard veteran who own 4 tanks.

Chris I dont this he is asking about moonshine tanks lolol:popcorn:

:mooner:

There is a diver in my area who has some steel 72's at a VERY reasonable price. PM me and you might be able to meet up with him at BS sometime. I bought 4 cause they were so cheap. All have december 06 hydros.

ronbeau:

I've got to certified!?!? Now you tell me!:D

Actually Bill, if you count the bottle of moonshine and the O2 bottle in my Dan kit
I've got 6 bottles! :rofl3: I wonder what happens when you mix grain alcohol with 100 percent O2?:confused: Naaahhh, don't get me started. :no

Hehe, I'd forgotten about KY Moonshine. Good times...Chris, I'm up at FRP whenever anyone else is. As I said, I have very few commitments this summer, so whenever you're up for heading up, drop me a line and I'll probably be able to join you.

Cheers,

Nathan

Back
Top Bottom