Tank valve repair - teflon washer source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too many choices for the PTFE washers on Amazon. Which is the right one?
I didn't find any of them quite right, close but not exact.

These are the measurements I got:
Washer (medium I think): 0.443 OD x 0.252 ID x 0.055 thick/inches: 11.25 x 0.65 x 1.41 mm
Bonnet: 0.442"/11.21mm and 0.651"/0.257mm
Spindle shaft: 0.247"/0.628mm

All the PTFE that are close have an OD of 0.50", too big to fit inside the Bonnet.
grf88- your Google/eBayfu is better than mine. I did find Maxdive and had ordered some of the outer handwheel washers from him awhile back. I could find the kits and some of the individual parts but northeastscubasupply generally was close or better with US shipping.

I did order up a bunch of 010/116/214 Viton O-rings from Granger. Couldn't find any suitable PTFE washers.

Last edited:
I didn't find any of them quite right, close but not exact.

These are the measurements I got:
Washer (medium I think): 0.443 OD x 0.252 ID x 0.055 thick/inches: 11.25 x 0.65 x 1.41 mm
Bonnet: 0.442"/11.21mm and 0.651"/0.257mm
Spindle shaft: 0.247"/0.628mm

All the PTFE that are close have an OD of 0.50", too big to fit inside the Bonnet.

Thanks! I was too lazy to bring out the caliper and figured someone would do it eventually. :D

When I ordered Viton O-rings I looked through the McMaster catalogue. Nothing I could find. OTOH, it's a huge catalogue and my Google-fu might be lacking.

If 12mm OD will fit inside the bonnet,
item 95630A650 might do the trick.

12mm OD, 6.4mm ID, 1.4-1.8mm thick PTFE

Yeah. Confirmed at my end. That bonnet wont take larger than an 11.4 mm washer. I can't find one at McMaster Carr either. One of the few times they've disappointed me. I've been able to find DIY equivalents for just about every o-ring and washer and screw on everything I service. I'll keep looking.

Reactions: Pao
They are available from northeastscubasupply and maxxdive. I may try the maxxdive ones.

I have had no issues with the Maxdive ones.

Back
Top Bottom