Tank Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want, I (my shop) will do the overhaul to include replacing all needed parts/orings/washers, replacement of burst disk, and O2 clean for $15 plus shipping. Shoot me a email at tanktest@gmail.com or message me here.
Myles

If you have a good relationship with your shop and the tech have them do the work ask to hang out when they do it so you can learn what they do and look for.

If you have a good relationship with your shop and the tech have them do the work ask to hang out when they do it so you can learn what they do and look for.

Did exactly this. Was super informative.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I just noticed that two of my tank valves (DIN) had some dark-gray hardened residue in them. Does anyone know what this is? Is it anything to be concerned about?

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 49
Looks like it might be some activated charcoal dust from the compressor filter system.

So, nothing to be concerned about?

I don't know about breathing it but they make you swallow it as an antidote to absorb certain kinds of ingested poison

I would also think carbon from a filter.

If those are tanks used for PP blending that is not good. Carbon can burn vigorously in an oxygen atmosphere.

My guess is the whole tank looks like that.

Back
Top Bottom