Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubafoon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

It is me again .... (I've talked to a few of you through PMs / emails and you know why I am creating this post too)....

Just want to see if anyone has any opinions / recommendations for tanks (single tank setup).

Steel seems quite good (less weight to carry and better buoyancy characteristic) especially given I will be diving dry suit....

My general air consumption is for warm sea water (15m to 30m depth), start with 200 bar and after 50-60 mins, always have at least 30-50 bar remaining......(that is of course not counting the one time that there was very strong current and I lost track of the dive group in the middle of Komodo......)

If you can get good fills, HP100 steel are just a nice all around tank.... Yes, steel, especially if diving dry.

Hi all,

It is me again .... (I've talked to a few of you through PMs / emails and you know why I am creating this post too)....

Hello Again then even though this is the first time..

Just want to see if anyone has any opinions / recommendations for tanks (single tank setup).

Steel seems quite good (less weight to carry and better buoyancy characteristic) especially given I will be diving dry suit....

My general air consumption is for warm sea water (15m to 30m depth), start with 200 bar and after 50-60 mins, always have at least 30-50 bar remaining......(that is of course not counting the one time that there was very strong current and I lost track of the dive group in the middle of Komodo......)

I would recommend steel as well for drysuit diving. What size of tank where you using for your 50-60 minute dives to start at 200bar and end 30-50bar?
Do you know your average depth for those dives? (so we can get an accurate air consumption)
Was this consumption using your dry suit? (if you were diving wet it may go up a little, more drag when swimming plus fit plays a part)
Are you tall or short? (if you go HP steal you can get 7.25 or 8 inch diameter and to get around the same air inside one is longer and one is thicker)
What are your plans for future dives? (are they all recreational depths like ore are you thinking deeper later on- deeper means more air required- bigger tanks or more tanks)

Perhaps not the answer (YET) but some things to think about before purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom