Task over-loading and diver safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were. I do not recall his actually being in the water at my level. I think he was on the surface watching. I did not get any feedback on ways to mount or stow pony, types of smbs etc. Perhaps he assumed it was covered in class - but it was online. It was like he was focused on the OW class and not me. There was no question about gas management, quiz on real knowledge, etc to make sure I mastered the online material. Again, I’m sure it is not the agency. As the quality I got reflected the quality of the ow training. It seemed more of a repeat of pool skills. But perhaps I judged too much? Perhaps he was going to do more OW than required? Likely not - as they have the lowest ow cost of any shops in town.

There was little options for the card in my area - it is what it is - a card. A ticket like the aow card. I never used it but it can be useful for certain specific goals. Avoid diving with bad buddies when I am hunting for example.

There were. I do not recall his actually being in the water at my level. I think he was on the surface watching. I did not get any feedback on ways to mount or stow pony, types of smbs etc. Perhaps he assumed it was covered in class - but it was online. It was like he was focused on the OW class and not me. There was no question about gas management, quiz on real knowledge, etc to make sure I mastered the online material. Again, I’m sure it is not the agency. As the quality I got reflected the quality of the ow training. It seemed more of a repeat of pool skills. But perhaps I judged too much? Perhaps he was going to do more OW than required? Likely not - as they have the lowest ow cost of any shops in town.
I won’t teach two groups or individuals separate lessons during the one dive. Or allow instructors I’m overseeing to do it either.

For me it’s unsafe. Plus neither group or individual receives the instructor’s full attention. But then I don’t have the commercial pressure of making a profit, I teach in a club environment.

I won’t teach two groups or individuals separate lessons during the one dive. Or allow instructors I’m overseeing to do it either.

For me it’s unsafe. Plus neither group or individual receives the instructor’s full attention. But then I don’t have the commercial pressure of making a profit, I teach in a club environment.
Are you BSAC ?

Op If a pair of new fins cause you to task overload I don't see how you can be ready for a DM course.

As to cameras nets etc. on students check out dives I think that is ridiculous and should not be allowed unless it is specific to the course being given.

Oh and I was Military and worked in Federal Government and I would have NO problem reporting someone for infractions that were not compliant with standards especially a situation where dive students were possibly being put in danger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom