Tattoo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic2927

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, at the tender young age of 57 I decided to get my first tat. Granted, I borrowed the image from elsewhere. I blame the tat (or the irrestible urge to get one) on diving, since I just got certified last year. That and maybe a mid-life crisis??? ;-) In any event, this was done just last night and does not look as good as it will once it has healed.

Attachments

• Tat2.jpg
    Tat2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 9,937
You are not alone buddy. I got both of mine after starting to dive at the age of 44. Got my motorcycle two years ago at 48 after not having ridden regular for 20 some years. Nice tat. I have a tshirt with that same design and the same slogan is on my tat on the left arm.

Thanks Jim. A shirt like the one you referred to is where I got the image and the adage. When I saw it I knew I had to have that as a tat. I simply did away with the mask and the adage at the bottom, changed the font, and put it up top. Strange how things change as we mature. Ten years ago I would not have considered getting a tat. ;-P BTW...my grown up children pinged when they saw it...and it is not as if they have no tats...all three (two boys and a girl) of them do! However, the girl said it makes me "distinguished", whatever that means in the parlance of today. (I was afraid to ask!)

-Lott

You are definitely not alone! After my husband and I got certified, we both got tattoos within a couple of years....first ones in our early 40's. Mine is my avatar (photo taken when it was new), my husband's is a 1/2 sleeve Koi. We love them, and he's thinking of getting another one on his other arm.

Congrats, and that's a very cool tat!!

Thanks DiveMaven. That is a pretty cool tat also!

-Lott

Lott nice tattoo! Did your kids warn you they're addictive!

I stopped counting after 10! My parrots are the logos for Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. This one isn't done yet.

My large leg piece is all my favorite fish, turtle, nurse shark, diver with pink fins!, dive flag, sail boat with an island sunset. took a total of 15 hours but it was so worth it!

Have some pics on my page.

Thanks Trix. Like the parrot in scuba gear! All of your tats are a good bit of pretty serious ink. I am afraid I do not have the patience for 15 hours of buzz, buzz, buzz. The burning sensation did not bother me, it was all the infernal racket made by the machine. Lying there for three or four was about all I could tolerate.

The kids did not warn me about addiction, since only the oldest has 2 (the others have one each). however, I can see where they could be habit forming!

Cheers,
Lott

They can be habit-forming. I now have three. My avatar is my second favorite. My "tramp stamp" of three Plumeria blossoms is my fav.

Nice!

Just wondering what the phrase means. Search comes up with dive website that looks like it is quoting it as 'One Breath From Death'. On-line Latin/English translators don't work on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom