TDI eLearning without access to an instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FalloutMan

Registered
Reaction score
Right now I am living in Japan and finally coming to the long awaited end of my 3 year stint here. Before I left I started to outfit myself for tech diving (currently have my BPW, doubles, set of regs for doubles, a few regs for stage bottles) with the plan of finding a good TDI instructor to start the tech path. I see every course now has eLearning but I can't find out what courses require you to finish with an instructor or if they don't. I know for classes such as trimix I have to dive but for certs like Nitrox I remember that being a classroom only course through my LDS before I left. I would like to knock out any certs that can be completed online only but I'm unclear as to which ones those are. Does anyone have a list? TDI's website is a little unclear about which things require face-to-face with instructors before the course is completed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom