TDI Instructor Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyNZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A question for all TDI ITs.

I've got a copy of the TDI standards manual, so am aware of the minimum requirements for the various instructor courses, but I'd be interesting in hearing a bit more on the detail of what a "typical" class consists of for Adv. Nitrox instructor and Deco. Proc. instructor.

So, how many hours of classroom sessions and what would these typically involve? Would there be (simulated or real) presentations related to the diver course? How much are this to "test" the knowledge of the instructor candidate, and how much are they intended to coach the candidate as to how to teach technical diving?

On the dives portion of the course, is there a combination of assessing actual diving skills (to demonstration quality?), or is there a focus on positioning and control of groups of divers when teaching technical diving? What would typical dive profiles be?

A long story, but I am interested in hearing a wide range of thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

My TDI Advanced Nitrox/Deco program runs as follows:

1 weekend (Sat/Sun) Classroom
2 Wed nights pool
1 full day (3 dives) open water skills development
1 day (2 dives) mock deco 110' on nitrox (maintaining dive plan and schedule)
2 days (4-5 dives) of decompression diving within the confines of safe deep air limits....I typically incoporate NAUI Helitrox as part of my technical diver level 1 program and add a couple of additional dives.

Thanks! Email sent.

Sent a couple of course outlines for my personal training business to Andy. If anyone else would like to see them, please contact me via PM on my doppler account. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom