Tech BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tx_Jeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have an older Tech with integrated Octo-z. My problems are that at depth I get water in the Octgo-z while breathing on it (I always check all my regs when diving). I am planning on taking to LDS for another service but thought I would see if there was any suggestions as to the problem.
Also the wing fills with water(the wing itself, not the bladder), as in, if you were to look at me under water it looks as if the wing is fully inflated with air, but it is filled with water (causes a lot of drag). And when I exit the water it still looks inflated until it fully drains.
Also weren't the techs supposed to come with grommets/holes on the back for mounting doubles?

Any isight you can give me would be great.

Hard to tell from just your description. Take it to your LDS and have them check it out....make sure they check the OPVs and the shoulder exhaust to make sure that they are all sealing properly. Also have them check out the Octo-Z to see what would be making it breathe wet.

If they can't find a problem, they can send it to us and we will take a look at it.

As for the grommets in the back...I believe that we started making them that way in '94 or '95.

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom