Tech Equipment nat Buddy Dive Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

73diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back from my third trip to Buddy Dive, Bonaire. I noticed that backmount doubles, side mount BCD’s and tanks were available for rent (DIN valves). Blended trimix was also available. I also saw a rebreather being used there for the first time. The boat diving is still 100’ max but Agosto (Dive manager) seems to be adding more tech diving capability.

Last edited:
They've been full-up tech for some years now. You can get PADI, TDI, and GUE training on-site. I believe you can arrange for a tech-only boat and not be held to the 100 ft limit.

Whoo hoo! Heading to Buddy Dive in January with my JJ...

German Arango has a shipping container full of doubles and deco bottles. It is also where he mixes the trimix. But that is the first I have heard of the sidemount bcds as they used to be pro backmount. They started some else new last year with tech grade scooters. You can use a scooter to go over to Klein Bonaire.

I've had my breather to Bonaire 6 times in the last 4 years...tech week at Buddy Dive is a good time. I'll be back for Bonaire Tek 2018 in October

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom