Question Tech Instructor Perspective: teaching in USA or in Mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be so happy if I can get the same rate as tech instructors in the US.

2. ALL U.S. citizens teaching U.S. citizens in ANY location
This pretty much says it all. Don't let Americans through the door :p

mexico its $300+/day now
I think us is roughly the same

Whats the average number for canada?
Sorry I mean rate for insurance :wink: I don’t know the average, but I think it’s lower. Maybe $300 CAD/day.

mexico its $300+/day now
I think us is roughly the same

Whats the average number for canada?
Which might be a living-ish wage in MX but it sure isnt for a sporadic, no benefits, no retirement plan job in the US

@rjack321 my tech experience is only limited to cave diving, and I always thought that $300/day was too cheap given how much is taught during the course and how long training days are (start at 9am, end 5-6pm). That price even covered cenote entrance fees during my courses.

I do hope that training fees stabilize at a higher level and tech instructors can get paid what they deserve.

You keep making all these broad statements about the law, but your only source is "a lawyer once told me." Don't worry, I'm not in a hurry to follow your legal opinion.
Clearly, IANAL :) but I'm sure that a reasonable person will not teach not under LLC/C-corp/etc, and if that one has no relationship to US mainland - how can anybody in the US try to sue "Under The Palm, LLC"? You aren't giving your social to your students, right?

My understanding is the issue is if you have any remaining assets in the US.

Someone already beat me to it and posted it above but Bahama Divers comes to mind.....

They were a great group of people, ignored some papers and well............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom