tech workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kermwon

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I know a PADI instructor and a GUE Tech 1 diver said he can conduct a "tech workshop" for me without going through his diveshop. I went to GUE website but cant find a tech workshop. Can he conduct it without any GUE Tech instructor around?

He can show you whatever he wants and call it whatever, free or for a fee, but that does not make it official/recognized/endorsed by any association.

As Xander said, your friend cannot conduct any kind of class that GUE will recognize if he is not a GUE instructor.

We have some local, very experienced divers who do "workshops". They're designed to introduce divers to skills, and they're quite useful, especially for people like me, who prefer to take their instruction in small bites. But there's no card or certificate involved, and no official recognition from any agency.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom