• Voyager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No computer - tables only

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • HS Explorer

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Abyss, Aeris, DE-OX, DiveRite, OMS, ScubaPro, Suunto, Uwatec, VR3, Voyager etc.

There are so many options to choose from when it comes to computers, they are become part of standard dive gear for the recreational diver, but for the technical dive are they standard?

Are they used as backups for your tables? Do you use one in depth mode only? Do you use more than one? One for depth and one for gas switching?

Tell us what you use, so we can get a better idea what the technical community uses.

=-)

blackice once bubbled...
Abyss, Aeris, DE-OX, DiveRite, OMS, ScubaPro, Suunto, Uwatec, VR3, Voyager etc.

There are so many options to choose from when it comes to computers, they are become part of standard dive gear for the recreational diver, but for the technical dive are they standard?

Are they used as backups for your tables? Do you use one in depth mode only? Do you use more than one? One for depth and one for gas switching?

Tell us what you use, so we can get a better idea what the technical community uses.

=-)

please add hs-explorer to the poll.. It is different than the abyss version, and many more are being sold.

Bottom Timer & Depth Gauge

Any one watching that can adjusts the poll to include hs-explorer and change the tables option to table, bottom timmer/gauge.

Thanks

blackice once bubbled...
Any one watching that can adjusts the poll to include hs-explorer and change the tables option to table, bottom timmer/gauge.

Thanks

nope only the creator or moderators, otherwise I would have already done it..

I use a Nitek C and a Nitek HE. The C is in gauge mode only and I carry the HE as a back up to my tables which are more conservative.

:) I have been using the VR-3 with the link to my rebreather to give me an independent PPO2 read-out and constant real-time deco based on the changing gas fractions. (No human being can do this kind of computation!) I have been carrying a second VR-3 without the link as a back-up.:)

Recently I was offered a chance to use a Hydro-Space Explorer to evaluate and compare it against the VR-3. I plan to do so, because the H-S unit is the only one, as far as I know, which uses the full implementation of the RGBM. I will report my comparison when finished if any one is interested.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom