Technical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decoeric

Reaction score
What in your opinion is technical diving and why do you enjoy this form of diving, also what was your favorite "tech" dive to date.

eric

My definition of "technical" diving is (generally) a dive where a direct ascent to the surface after a gas supply failure is either physically impossible or prevented by a deco obligation.
Everybody has their own.
---
Favorite dive? The next one.
Rick

decoeric:
What in your opinion is technical diving and why do you enjoy this form of diving, also what was your favorite "tech" dive to date.

eric

See More, Dive More, Go More.

Favorite "tech" dive = The next one

decoeric:

eric

A tech dive to me is one in which you cannot ascend immediately to the surface. I enjoy it because of the planning required to make it all come together successfully. I also enjoy the experience of being at that 'piece of inner space'. My experience is at entry level tech. My favorite tech dive to date is the Uss-Bass.

--Matt

I don't necessarily think that a dive requiring deco is a technical dive. Say you are diving away, and you accidentally exceed your no-deco time, does this dive automatically become a technical dive because you cannot ascend right away?
I would say that the definition of technical diving is a dive in which the parameters and guidelines of recreational diving are deliberately exceeded due to depth, overhead environment, or any other reason. Also, technical diving uses a completely differrent set of guidelines and safety priciples. When ones finds themself within these parameters and outside of those of recreational diving, then they are technical diving....

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom