Techniflex delamination of exhaust valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Jerry,
The exhaust valve on my Techniflex is starting to delaminate, what do you recommend? There are no leaks yet but there is no doubt that it is just a matter of time.

Have you contacted USIA?

If by delaminating you mean that the rubber port is peeling away from suit, you can temporarily fix it by putting a little contact cement under the area and putting a weight on it over night. If you are not diving anytime soon, send the suit in and I will install a pair of our new ports. They are actually sewn on to the suit and will never peel off. They also look kind of cool!:eyebrow:

If by delaminating you mean that the rubber port is peeling away from suit, you can temporarily fix it by putting a little contact cement under the area and putting a weight on it over night. If you are not diving anytime soon, send the suit in and I will install a pair of our new ports. They are actually sewn on to the suit and will never peel off. They also look kind of cool!:eyebrow:

Sounds great. I have two more classes this month and then I will send it in. Thanks.:thumb:

Got the suit back today and USIA did a wonderful job. You can't tell any other valves were ever on it. I must also agree with Jerry, the new valves do look pretty cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom