TEKDiveUSA.2018 Raffle- Win A Rebreather!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TEKDiveUSA

Contributor
Reaction score
GiveawayAdHorizontal2.jpg
UrsuitRaffle.jpg
BuddyGEU.jpg

GiveawayLogos.jpg

During the TEKDiveUSA.2018 Gala Dinner there will be a charity auction and raffle held. Proceeds go in part to the TEKDiveUSA technical diving scholarship fund with a goal of inspiring and empowering the next generation of technical divers. The TEKDiveUSA Technical Diving Scholarship's mission is to cultivate the next generation of safe, experienced technical divers by providing a solid foundation of quality training, a fundamental understanding of technical equipment, a breadth of experience and the financial assistance to do so.

Some of the incredible prizes for the TEKDiveUSA.2018 raffle include but are not limited to a KISS Sidewinder Rebreather, An Ursuit drysuit, A Ratio Computers iX3M [Pro] Tech+, A week of diving and accomodations at Buddy Dive Resort in Bonaire, diving equipment and other prizes donated by our TEKDiveUSA sponsors, exhibitors and supporters. Buy your tickets here on our registration page.

About the Scholarship
Founded in 2016, the TEKDiveUSA Technical Diving Scholarship will provide internships, mentorships and training and educational opportunities. The TEKDiveUSA is a proud supporter of cave research and scientific diving to help all divers better understand the underwater environment. The first of the 2016 scholarships was awarded to a young scientist working in cave research, Lauren Ballou from Texas A&M University at Galveston. A brief overview of her project can be found here. In addition students from 20 different universities were offered educational opportunities with TEKDiveUSA. The first of many opportunities for 2018 TEKDiveUSA scholars will include a GUE Fundies class.

Why do we allow these guys to spam this forum like this?

Buy ads like the rest of them and bugger off
I agree... :fist:

This is the same company / site that is running a photo contest and they have kept posted a picture that someone stole from Brandi Mueller (even after they were informed and said they would remove it). TEKDiveUSA

Brandi's F4U Coursair Photo from Roi-Namur's lagoon is the Marshall Islands is being passed off as a WWII Zero Wreck in the South Pacific (we are north of the equator).

If Tek Dive does not care about the integrity of their hype photo contests why would they feel like they should pay for advertising?

Host_BrandiMueller_Large.jpg

Brandi Mueller

Brandi Plane #1.jpg

Brandi Mueller's "F4U Photo" that Tek Div calls a 'Zero'.

Coursair.jpg
Here is a photo that Brandi took of the same F4U with me taking a photo of it.

PICT0010.JPG

And here is my photo of the F4U...

Last edited:
LiteHedded & Oldbear -TEKDiveUSA does pay for plenty of advertising, in this case, the owner of Scubaboard specifically invited and asked us to post often about the TEKDiveUSA shows. He knows that the entire organization is run by volunteers and supported by industry sponsors at a great cost to them. We thank Scubaboard for their support and willingness to support an event that is purely for the good of the industry (if anyone saw the financial loss that the show operates at, they couldn't argue that! :mad:)

As for the photo contest, we absolutely do care about respecting the copyright owners of specific photographs. Unfortunately, all we can do is ask the individual submitting the photo to agree that they own it. TEKDiveUSA did not call this photo anything, the person who submitted it named it and we simply cannot vet every single image submitted (there are hundreds). Brandi did contact us about the above image, and we agreed to remove the photo from the contest, which has been done. Brandi was very professional and respectful in her request.

This raffle supports The TEKDiveUSA Technical Diving Scholarship, which has and will benefit the technical diving industry, scientific fields and the younger generations interested in scuba diving greatly. Winning great prizes and supporting a great cause, how could this be a bad thing?

Anyway, we hope that the majority of scubaboard users do not view our posts and promotion of an industry event as spam. Our primary goal is to inspire, unite, educate, and excite divers from around the globe. We are doing the best that we can with that goal in mind!

Safe diving...

Brandi did contact us about the above image, and we agreed to remove the photo from the contest, which has been done. Brandi was very professional and respectful in her request.
I get it...volunteer organization and you cannot verify all photo entries.

You, however, told Brandi weeks ago that you would take the photo down, yet one hour ago it was still there. Why did you wait so long? Or if I did not mention anything here on SB would you have left it up after telling the Brandi, the rightful owner and photographer, that you removed it?

You are correct that Brandi is very professional and respectful. From were I sit you were dishonest with Brandi by leaving her plagiarized photo up after you said it would be taken down.

To me Tech Dive USA has lost their credibility. I think you own Brandi Mueller an apology for not following thru with what you said you would do to correct a wrong .

To me Tech Dive USA has lost their credibility. I think you own Brandi Mueller an apology for not following thru with what you said you would do to correct a wrong .

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter. This would be a private conversation with Brandi, not a public conversation with someone else, on a thread where she has not participated.

We hope you meet you in person someday, hopefully at TEKDiveUSA :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom