Tekna Dive Bags??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDostal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My dad used to dive, and when I started diving I figured that instead of blowing cash on a new dive bag, I'd use his old bag.

I LOVE the thing - stowable backpack straps, roomy, sturdy, drainholes, side/end pockets, duffel handles and a good sturdy shoulder strap. I love it.

But, it's getting old and is starting to blow out on one of the ends - I'm really sad to see it go.

I want a new bag, but I want one from Tekna again - does anyone know if this company makes gear anymore???

I used to work for TEKNA from '84-'90 when the bags were made. In '90, TEKNA sold the company and the name changed to Ocean Edge. Around '94, they sold out to an Italian company. You can still buy their knives and a few lights from TEKTITE.com, but I think the bags are long gone. Too bad. I needed a replacement too!

Bummer....I really love that bag and am really going to hate to see it go. Sigh...

Guess it's time to look for a replacement. I know that Akona has some decent bags that my LDS has in stock.

Sorry for the necropost, but I was washing my bag and went online to look for info and found this post. I bought mine in '92-'93, just before the sale. Ocean Edge was a new company then.

They are great bags. Hope mine lasts a few more years.

Bummer....I really love that bag and am really going to hate to see it go. Sigh...

Guess it's time to look for a replacement. I know that Akona has some decent bags that my LDS has in stock.

If you have any good shoe repairman in your area you might want to see if they can repair your bag. They might not be able to make it a "visually appealing" repair but anyone repairman worth his salt can probably make a repair that will last a long time.

Heh...old thread revival! :D I put that post up about 6 years ago :) The Tekna is loong gone.

On the other hand I can highly recommend the Akona boat duffel. Very durable...only problem is capacity. I use it mainly on warm vacations now and use Rubbermaid totes for just about anything else.

Back
Top Bottom