Telephoto ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are not sure of which one fits your needs go to LensRental.com. They got almost every lens imaginable for rent. I believe they also sell the used lens. I rent telephoto lens from them when I do my National Park Trips. Good company. For you underwater photographers the have the Tokina 10-17.

Just got back from the Arctic where we shot with the 80-400, 70-300 and 18-300 on DX- D90 and D7000. Got good pics from the 80-400 and the 18-300. Almost everything was shot at max focal length. Shooting polar bears on ice, narwhals and whales among others.

I'd concur with the recommendation for the 80-400 in your price range. But I don't believe there is a tele that works with its AF system. It's a bit heavy. We used monopods for most of our shots.

Thanks every one for the wonderful information, I'm liking the 80-400 Nikon lens, also like the new and improved 80-400 but would the new lens's with the big "N" work with my nikon D70's?

Back
Top Bottom