Question Tell me about Shore Diving at Hotel Barracuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done a lot of shore diving at Blue Angel; the diving is good along the base of the fence around the Stingray Experience next door. Father south there are some small coral heads and rock piles where some life likes to hang out.

Here's a thread about a guided shore dive from Hotel Barracuda by ScubaJuan:

you mean the Stingray prison....interesting but incredibly sad. :crying:

I have done a lot of shore diving at Blue Angel; the diving is good along the base of the fence around the Stingray Experience next door. Father south there are some small coral heads and rock piles where some life likes to hang out.

I don't know if I should like that or not. Life around the pen was better when they were feeding the stingrays.
they are working on it now

I don't know if I should like that or not. Life around the pen was better when they were feeding the stingrays.
If anyone is thinking about a night shore dive from Blue Angel any time soon you might want to consider other options. They are restoring the missing fence columns on the ocean side of the stingray pen, and every night they have a couple of guys running a jackhammer cutting holes for the bases of them. That thing is LOUD and has run most of the fish away that are normally there. We tried it last night and it was pretty much a bust.

Reviving this thread, as I'm hoping to get in some shore dives from Barracuda next month. ScubaJuan offers guided shore dives from Barracuda for $25/person for daytime, $40/person for night dives, with a 2 person minimum. Thinking we'll do a guided dive their first to get the lay of things before trying a night dive on our own.

*there* not "their" -- sheesh, not sure what caused that typo, wish I could still edit that!

Re: staying at the Barracuda. Please let us know if they have updated the AC in their rooms. I stayed there several years ago & after my experience said Never Again. Location is great, ocean front + in town. BUT they had the very old style AC units that roar like an aircraft engine when on. And in the summer months you need AC. They made it impossible to relax in your room anytime during the day and hell at night trying to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom