Tenkiller!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LSD, where in the park is the copter? I know Tim originaly planned to put it on a ledge at 70 feet, out past the plane.

Not sure but a day I went diving last fall, drove by it at the shop, then the week after, drove by the shop and helicopter was gone!

Hi all I asked this question just not long ago and this is what a buddy and I talked about.

Originally Posted by Avonthediver
Hello K

Hope this weather is not to bad for you?
I just have a quick question.
I found a photo of a Coast Guard Helicopter being put down in Ten Killer and I think its at the cookson dive park or their abouts Do you have any info on this?

Thanks and hope you have a good weekend!

Originally Posted by K ellis
I do I do. It is in the scuba park straight out from the ramp and rest in 60 feet of water. It was placed their last spring by Nautical Adventures SCUBA Diving Services and Supplies and I believe they may even still have the photo on their website. Are you planning to go down there sometime soon? I will write more when I get back from the store. Its snowing again

Ahh, thanks. Straight out should be easy enough to find.

BTW- There isn't a "cookson" dive park. Cookson is about midlake, close to Tim's shop. The dive park is at the state campground.

I'm new to diving in this area, but what Lake is this in? In what City?

What is Ten Killer?

I'm new to diving in this area, but what Lake is this in? In what City?

What is Ten Killer?

Tenkiller is the name of the lake. It's located in eastern Oklahoma, just north of I-40. The dive park is at the southern end of the lake, near the dam. Viz can be anywhere from zero to over 20 foot at the right times. Deepest part of the lake is about 130 foot. There are a lot of dive sites that require a boat, but most people dive at the park or at Crappie (prnounced Krop E) Point around the corner from the park.

Back
Top Bottom