Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has now been 11 days since I charged my Teric that recently came back from repair. It has been sitting on my desk, turned off, other than checking the battery status every 2 or 3 days. It is STILL at 100%!

My 2nd Teric should be back from repair next week.

I fully charged my new Teric on 4/4 and I have been monitoring the battery percentage. It stayed at 100% up until 4/20 when it dropped to 96%. It is still at 96% today (4/24).
I have not turned the screen on except for a couple of seconds to check the battery level.

Does this seem normal?

I fully charged my new Teric on 4/4 and I have been monitoring the battery percentage. It stayed at 100% up until 4/20 when it dropped to 96%. It is still at 96% today (4/24).
I have not turned the screen on except for a couple of seconds to check the battery level.

Does this seem normal?
Yes

This is the answer I received from Shearwater the other day following an inquiry about my Teric's battery life:

Thanks for contacting us. And sorry you're having some trouble with your Teric battery.
We have a test you can try to quantify the problem. If you can, please try the below and let us know the results and we'll go from there.

- Turn off AI & compass in Dive Mode
- Charge Teric to 100%
- Remove Teric from the charger and turn it off
- leave Teric off for 48 hours
- Check if the battery %
- If lower than 92% the unit should be serviced

Let us know if you have any questions.

Mine dropped to 94% after the first 24 hours, so I expect it's going to fail the test and need to be serviced.

This is the answer I relived from Shearwater the other day following an inquiry about my Teric's battery life:

Thanks for contacting us. And sorry you're having some trouble with your Teric battery.
We have a test you can try to quantify the problem. If you can, please try the below and let us know the results and we'll go from there.

- Turn off AI & compass in Dive Mode
- Charge Teric to 100%
- Remove Teric from the charger and turn it off
- leave Teric off for 48 hours
- Check if the battery %
- If lower than 92% the unit should be serviced

Let us know if you have any questions.

Mine dropped to 94% after the first 24 hours, so I expect it's going to fail the test and need to be serviced.
Interesting, 1st time I've seen the official Shearwater Teric battery test.

My 1st Teric was replaced following repair for a black screen and then AI failure. It seemed like the battery in that unit was probably fine. I had it for 6 months, 100 dives.

My replacement Teric uses less than 0.5% battery per day, long term. I left the compass on with the indicator showing on the face and turned off AI. Unfortunately, my SI has now been 48 days and the battery is down 22%. This includes turning it on and using the NDL planner on several occasions. Looks like I'm good. Six months of battery life looks well in reach. I'm hoping to fire it up much, much sooner than that for some good diving :).

Y'all reminded me. I note that mine has been off the charger for 12 days now. It is still at 100%.

And, it has had AI and the compass turned on the whole time.

Which just illustrates the point that when it's not in Dive mode, the AI and compass make no difference whatsoever.

Y'all reminded me. I note that mine has been off the charger for 12 days now. It is still at 100%.

And, it has had AI and the compass turned on the whole time.

Which just illustrates the point that when it's not in Dive mode, the AI and compass make no difference whatsoever.
I wonder why SW says to turn them off for the battery test?

Maybe they are concerned for those who don’t switch mode. I don’t turn mine off and I’m getting good reserve power.

I don't know. Suspenders and belt? I.e. making SURE that the problem is the battery and not a bug in the firmware that keeps those things turned on when it shouldn't? If I had a problem with mine, I would turn those things off, too, to narrow down where the problem is.

But, since mine has had both things turned on for almost 2 weeks and my battery is still at 100%, I reckon I do not have a problem. :D

Mine loses 2% a week when turned off and stored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom