Test For Volunteer Diver at National Aquarium in Baltimore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poe26bcfd

Contributor
Reaction score
There will be a written exam for anyone interested in a position as a Volunteeer Diver at the National Aquarium in Baltimore on Monday, August 31, 2009 7:00 PM-9:30 PM. To sit for the test you must be a certified SCUBA Diver at the Advanced Open Water level with a minimum of 30 logged dives and be able to dedicate one full day every other week for a year. To apply for the position go to click get involved click volunteer click Diver and fill out the information required. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

Sounds cool. Maybe next year.

How is that every other week commitment divided between weekends and weekdays?

There is another thread around on this topic but I think the answer to your question is "as the new guy on the block" (not THE Block), don't count on getting to work on the weekends.

Thanks, maybe when I retire....

Zippsy,
"the answer to your question is "as the new guy on the block" (not THE Block), don't count on getting to work on the weekends."

That is not entirly true - dive days are assigned on the basis of the different teams needs. Not everyone wants or is able to commit to a weekend day. We do have a number of new divers that have started on weekend teams.

NAIBDiver1

I sit close to entirely corrected. I did, however, base my answer on my recollection of poe26's reply in the earlier thread:

Terri,
The answer to that is no. Did you State on your form that you would be available during the week? The week end spots are tough to get. You can also touch base with Chuck E. He may be able to give you a better idea on a start date.

Sounds cool. Maybe next year.

How is that every other week commitment divided between weekends and weekdays?

No You are assigned to a day and you come in on that day every other week

Zippsy,
"the answer to your question is "as the new guy on the block" (not THE Block), don't count on getting to work on the weekends."

That is not entirly true - dive days are assigned on the basis of the different teams needs. Not everyone wants or is able to commit to a weekend day. We do have a number of new divers that have started on weekend teams.

NAIBDiver1

I sit close to entirely corrected. I did, however, base my answer on my recollection of poe26's reply in the earlier thread:

What I stated in another thread was correct. The spots on weekends are offered to those in the program who need to change days due to promotion, new job, et al . If there are positions still open on the weekend teams those are offered to the new divers on the list in order of ranking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom